CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Still Happy Valley

Penn State - 10
Michigan - 17

Mommy and Daddy left me at home to spend the weekend in this luxury suite on wheels. They had a blast reliving old Penn State memories with five of their good college friends (plus a new friend from New Jersey and a PSU friend from Ohio!)
Even a loss at the paws of the Wolverines couldn't dampen the spirit of their camping adventure. Mommy said that nobody can take the Happy out of Happy Valley. Who could be sad when you have great friends, intense corn hole games, long walks downtown trying to avoid the mounted police horse poop, looooooooong lunches at The Deli, the discovery of a secret entrance to The Den, and lectures from Daddy about conserving water and electricity in the RV?!
Mommy said it was VERY windy both days at the RV park. If you had taken me, I could have handled the wind with my Penn State hoodie. I know how to bundle up with the best of them. And I would have kept you company by cuddling on the couch with you at night while Daddy slept with Matt and Ami. Someday you'll have to explain that whole sleeping arrangement to me. I could have also shown the 110,000 fans at Beaver Stadium how to properly handle the "White Out" pom poms. Even though I had a great time with Nana and Gramma this weekend, I'm still a little bitter that you thought I was too young to party with the grown ups. If you want me to go to Penn State when I'm older, you need to start teaching me now how to party - er, I mean how to be a responsible student.


Charlotte's Shout Outs - Week 7

1. The 110,000 fans who tried to "White Out" Michigan. You almost succeeded - even grumpy Lloyd Carr commented on the very loud and electric atmosphere. Maybe if Mommy and Daddy had taken me to the game, my loud yell could have been the difference maker.

2. Jay Paterno - As the quarterback coach, you get a shout out for having the foresight to have a couple of quarterbacks on stand-by. Who knew that our QBs would start dropping like flies? You did, obviously, since you seemed to have a warm body to send out everytime one of them was flattened by Michigan.

3. AJ Wallace - By returning the opening kick-off to midfield, you made us believe that we had a chance against the mighty Wolverines. Thanks for keeping it exciting.

4. Mommy says that Daddy, Sean, Matt and Kalpen deserve a shout out for their expertly designed and constructed "Wind Blocker Grande." Thanks to your hours of planning, hammering and hanging, nobody at the tailgate had to worry about their cups being knocked over by the wind. Those engineering degrees proved to be worth the price of tuition!! :)

Inbetween the millions of kisses Mommy gave me when she got home, she told me that she hopes I have as great a college experience as she had. The best part of having such a wonderful college experience is being able to relive it and share it again many years later with a great group of friends.

Check out "Sean's House of Divas" to see some fantastic photos of the "White Out Weekend."

No comments: