CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 02, 2006

A Plea to the Tooth Fairy

Dear Tooth Fairy,

Some of my older friends explained to me that you come in the middle of night to take away their baby teeth and leave them money in exchange. I was wondering if you knew who was responsible for bringing the teeth to babies in the first place? Is it you, or is there some sort of Tooth Elf, Tooth Stork or Tooth Gnome in charge of that?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm 14 and a half months old and still only have my bottom two teeth. I watch Mommy and Daddy brush their teeth and am envious that I don't know what it feels like to stroke those soft bristles across a row of pearly whites.

I observe my friends chomping on full size pretzels and apples while Mommy has to break mine into teeny, tiny pieces for my practically toothless gums.

My Gramma Betsy takes care of teeth for a living. I feel like a failure as her granddaughter for not having teeth for her to take care of yet. I can hardly bear to smile anymore!
I doubt I could even pass as a jack-o-lantern this Halloween. Don't they have more than these two measly bottom teeth?As you can see, I am a little long in the tooth to have only two teeth. If you could send a few more my way or talk to the Dental Deity in charge of this matter, I'd really appreciate it. Doesn't this mug deserve some chompers?

Love,

Charlotte

PS - If I ever do get teeth just to lose them when I'm five or six years old, make sure you compensate me well for the loss. You can probably imagine how upset I'll be when they become loose and fall out.

2 comments:

McKenna said...

Enjoy the pain-free, not-swapping-Tylenol-and-Ibuprofen-every-3-hours, not-sleeping-or-eating-well, and no general grumpiness time now. I'd bet they are on their way soon!

Kristy said...

I'll see if I can find the tooth-gnome's number and I'll give him a call myself! That's just not right!!! Although McKenna's right - they're not a lot of fun to get when they're coming in, but it's nice to eat apples and corn on the cob now! It makes mealtime a whole lot easier for me and Mommy and Daddy!!!