CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 19, 2007

My Aunt Amy Was Kung Fu Fighting


Congratulations to my awesome Aunt Amy - she just earned her 3rd Dan (degree) blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do! She is only the 2nd woman in her studio's 21 year history to be awarded this honor.

Basically this means that my Aunt Amy could break my mommy in half if she wanted to, so my mommy now has to be nice to Aunt Amy at all times. Mommy is just thankful that she didn't have all these black belts when they were growing up!



This is Aunt Amy being awarded her belt. I thought it was pretty stylish, so I decided to wear my own black belt today to honor Aunt Amy.



I have to admit, this black belt is pretty chic. But then I started to wonder - how else could Aunt Amy use her black belt? Here are some suggestions for my favorite aunt (no offense Aunt Sam, Aunt Janelle and Aunt Jill - Aunt Amy is the only one who could kick my butt, so I feel I have to say that, even though I love you all the same!)




They make great headbands.
















They could also be used as a scarf, although they're not as warm as the scarves that Aunt Amy crochets.



They can be used to walk a pet around the house (it worked with Emmet, but it might not work with your crazy cats, Aunt Am).





You could even use them to jump rope - you need to keep in shape in order to beat up the bad guys!
















I'm proud of you, Aunt Amy! I can't wait to start taking lessons from you so that I can kick Mommy's butt, too!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Charlotte,
Don't buy that domesticated crochet and tae kwon do stuff. Just watch out for the brush... that's all I'm saying.