CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Two's Company...Seven's a Crowd


Every girl has her nighttime routine.

After my bath, a good sippy of warm milk, an episode of "Elmo's World," an inning of the Phillies and a good book or two, it's time to round up the troops to hit the sack.

A few months ago, I started sleeping with my blankie and Pinky (a really cute and soft pink and white dog.) I began referring to blankie and Pinky collectively as "Ninney." Mommy and Daddy aren't quite sure why, but they go along with it.

Soon I decided that Ninney wasn't enough.

After discussing it over tea one evening, Ninney and I decided to invite Baby, Little Girl, Rosa the Build a Bear and Bunny to our nightly sleepover.

When we made that decision, we hadn't taken into account the logistics of getting everyone up to bed safely.

I tried carrying them on my own, but my little arms can only handle so much.


I decided to be responsible for getting Ninney upstairs. Mommy now has to carry the others.



I beat Mommy up the stairs everytime. She says that's because she has to carry four things and I only have to carry two, but I think she's just sore about losing the race up the steps.

Once upstairs, the kids all hang out on the floor while Mommy reads me a book on the glider. They're usually pretty quiet, but once in a while they blurt out the ending to "I'll Love You Forever" before Mommy does!

Now it's time to decide who goes into the crib first and gets to pick the best spot.

Hmmm...who behaved the best today?


Baby, you and Little Girl were great when we went to the mall today. You both get first choice of mattress space.

Blankie, you were good, too, but you did trip me in the kitchen after dinner. You don't get first choice tonight.
It takes a minute or two, but eventually we all get settled into our favorite spots.
It's so much fun sleeping with your six best friends (and Dora blanket!!)

It is a little crowded, though. Whose idea was this anyway?!










No comments: