CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sous Chef Charlotte


After seeing what a hard worker I am for Daddy every weekend, Mommy decided to put me to work in the kitchen. Since I like to watch Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals" and since I love to eat, Mommy thought I'd make a great sous chef.

After putting on the special apron that Nana's grandma made for her when she was little, I was ready to help Mommy make her famous salsa (it's actually a Big Jim recipe, but Mommy likes to pass it off as her own!)

Aunt Sammi was coming over for dinner, so I was there to make sure that Mommy didn't make any mistakes. Right from the start, I decided the salsa needed more cilantro than Mommy had initially put into the food processor.


Mmmm mmmmmm. That cilantro does look yummy bathed with all that lime juice, that pepper that Mommy wouldn't let me touch, and that whole delicious tablespoon of sugar.



I do enjoy cooking, but this food processor is really loud. This is not my favorite part!

I'm content with the amount of onions, but I think it needs more "mato" (Charlotte-speak for 'tomatoes.")


I insist on taking the first taste. Please let my culinary debut be a success!!









The texture is perfect - not mushy, not chunky. The cilantro is not overpowering, it's the perfect amount. The sugar adds just enough sweetness to make an impact.




The verdict:
¡Delicioso y sabroso!
Watch out, Rachael Ray! My cute apron and I are about to take over the culinary world!!





As payment for a hard day's work in the kitchen, Mommy rewarded me with my first-ever ice cream cone. I've had lots of ice cream before, but never presented in such a tasty, edible package!!


Like any good chef, I will first smell this new recipe before I eat it. Smells like...cookies and cream!!
Apparently you don't need any utensils for this - just your tongue. I can deal with that!

Thirty minutes later I finally make it to the cone.
How many licks does it take to get to the center of the cookies and cream ice cream cone?!?











1 comment:

the spiky hair one said...

it never fails to amaze me how cute you are kiddo!
just a heads up, i changed the site of my blog, but it is now tinygynie.blogspot.com :)
love, aunt janelle