CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Step by Step




For the past two weeks I've been able to stand on my own without holding onto the furniture for support. Mommy is amazed at how well I can balance myself. I'm amazed at how much taller I am than Trixie and Emmet when I stand like this!

It might look like I'm about to fall here, but I'm actually practicing a ballet pliƩ. I can bend all the way down and then stand right back up with holding on to anything!

Even more exciting than standing on my own, though, is the fact that on Sunday night I took my first two unassisted steps!! I went from the middle of the family room floor over to Daddy's ottoman! Mommy, Daddy, Auntie Tara and Jamie were all there to witness the big event - they even clapped for me!!

Unfortunately, Mommy didn't have the camera ready to capture the excitement. Here are some photos of me practicing this two-legged mode of transportation with my walker. Hopefully I won't need to use it for much longer (especially since it's hard to get out of a corner with this thing!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! Look at you beautiful!!!! Pretty soon you'll be outrunning those pugs!

the spiky hair one said...

Congrats lil' chiquita! Uncle Randy and I are very proud ;)