CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Washington, District of Charlotte

On days like today, Mommy and Daddy are happy to be back on the east coast. It was a quick two hour drive to meet up with their friends Dave and Shelby in our nation's capital. Even though it was quite chilly, I was excited to put on my new winter jacket and hat (thanks Gramma and Nana!) and check out all the monuments and memorials. Before heading into the big city, we made a stop in Georgetown to fill our bellies - Daddy ate the "best oysters I've ever had in my life" and Mommy and I of course shared a scrumptious crab cake sandwich. Mommy and I fell in love with Georgetown the second we saw it and wished me had more time to walk around and shop. A million great stores and restaurants in a very chic downtown area - what more could you want?! My belly is full now. Come on, Daddy! Let's go see some monuments!!After being somewhat unimpressed with a really tall guy named Abe (he just sat still in that chair - was I supposed to be impressed?), we were off to the Korean War Memorial. My new BFF Shelby showed me all the brave men on the wall.
Why won't these men talk back to me, Shelby? How big is the World War II Memorial? SOOOO BIG!!
How many times do we have to get our photo taken with that big white stick behind us?! It's been a fun afternoon, Daddy, but I'm freezing. Let's go see the warm, comfy CR-V Monument. I hear you can take a nap in that one.

Charlotte's Shout Outs - Week 10

We obviously missed today's game because we were too busy being tourists. Mommy is glad that she missed the game - she's worried that she would have taught me some words that I'm not supposed to know. She was too upset to even download any game photos. We really only have one shout out, and he's a Charlotte's Shout Outs regular:

Paul Posluszny - You broke the PSU career tackle record today - you have now knocked down an opponent and made him eat grass 349 times. Wow! I don't think I've done anything 349 times in my life yet. Well, maybe I've smiled more than that, but not much else! Congratulations!

JoePa - I heard that your leg was hurt in the game today. I bumped my head today in DC and Mommy kissed it to make it better. Get the Nittany Lion to kiss your boo boo to make it better. If he's not available, I have plenty of Penn State fandages that you can use. Feel better soon!

No comments: