CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 02, 2009

Fair Fun!


The beginning of fall means it's the beginning of fair time in Lancaster County!! For the second year in a row, I went to the Lampeter Fair with Drewbie. Even though I don't think either of us will end up as farmers, we always have a good time at this agricultural fair!!


Mommy and I are slowly reading "Charlotte's Web" (of course). I thought this pig looked like Wilbur!

Wilbur and his buddies were a little loud, though. The sheep were even louder. They need to learn about inside barn voices!


Claire didn't seem bothered by the noise!










Reed wasn't too affected by the noise, either.
















Had to get the obligatory photo on one of Daddy's tractors (even though Daddy designs construction equipment now!!)


After walking around, visiting animals and having fun, it was FINALLY time for the big event - pig catching!!

I had confidently told Mommy that I wanted to participate, but once we got close to the ring, the chaos proved to be too much for me. I chose to watch the festivities from the side.

This is the group I would have been in - the five and under girls. The piglets were on the other side of the huge field, so we didn't get a photo of them running for their lives :)

After the pigs were caught, we waited in line for the balloon animal guy. I was so excited!

I asked for a pink dog - big surprise!!

















"Don't worry, Reed. I won't eat you, I promise."


"Hey! Listen up! I said I wouldn't eat you! RELAX!!!"

Claire, Mommy and I were SO excited that Auntie Tara came to the fair with us (thanks for the photos!). Claire loved petting Auntie Tara. Auntie Tara loved that Claire loved petting her :)

We had a great time! Thanks for inviting us Aunt Amy, Uncle Darin, Drew and Reed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to the fair with us! Next year, those pigs will be ours...

Love,
Drewbie

Tara said...

Thank you for hanging out with me! I had a blast. :)