CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rest In Peace, Bucky


My heart is very heavy today. We recently learned that our good friends Susie and Adam have lost their beloved golden retriever, Bucky, to cancer last week. He was only seven years old, and it was very sudden.

I was lucky to have met Bucky a few months ago. He was so gentle and loving with me. He let me give him all the hugs and kisses that I wanted! He was very soft - I loved putting my arms around him. He was the sweetest "da dawg" (my word for dog) I have ever met.

He wasn't just a sweet, loyal companion to Susie. He came into her life in 1999 as she was starting her dog obedience school, Training Tails. Together, Susie and Bucky built up a very successful and in-demand dog training business. Bucky and Susie were always together.

I do believe that all dogs go to heaven. Bucky, I hope you are up there running free, ears back, tongue out, tail wagging, free of pain and watching over Susie and Adam. You'll be missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte- I know what you are going through with Bucky. If you ask your mom she will tell you about Goldie. I was very sad the day Goldie went to heaven and I called your mom to talk(cry) about it. It's very hard but you will get through it I promise!
Love your Auntie Sam

Anonymous said...

Charlotte ... Your Great Uncle Frank had a Golden Retriver named Misty 'she was Goldie's sister' I was very sad when she died of cancer. She was the best dog. I know all the dogs are up in heaven having a good time.
Love your Great Uncle Frank.

Anonymous said...

Dear Great Uncle Frank,

I didn't know you checked out Charlotte's website. I have one, too! If you send your email address to amy.gw@hotmail.com, my mom will send you the link and the password.

Love,
Your great nephew Drew