CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

All I Need To Know About Life I Learned From Emmet


Emmet might not be the brightest bulb, but he has taught me a lot about life. Here are a few of the lessons I have learned from him.

Everyone (human, canine, feline, bovine...) deserves to get lots of kisses.

Always be a good listener.

Cuddling is always a good idea.


Try to look at things from someone else's perspective.

Share - even if that means giving up your beloved cheese crackers.

Even if something looks impossible (like fitting under the futon with your big, bulky snow boots), keep trying and don't give up.

Be proud of your accomplishments (like somehow getting back out from under the futon with your big, bulky snow boots).

Always be available to lend a helping hand (or push) to a friend in need.
Be patient (especially when you have to wait five minutes for your sled dog to realize it's easier to pull from the front than from the back).

Always have a special place to meet with friends.

Another lesson Emmet has taught me is to send congratulations where it is due. CONGRATULATIONS to Mommy and Daddy's friends Chad and Negar back in Ohio. They had a beautiful, healthy baby girl last Wednesday. Her name is Elise - I love having that as my middle name, I am sure she will love having it as a first name. I hope I get to meet the adorable new baby!


PS - I love you, too, Trixie, and didn't mean to shut you out of this blog post. If you would only let me get near you, I'd probably learn a lot from you, too!!

No comments: