CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Introducing: CLAIRE ABIGAIL


We definitely felt the luck of the Irish this year!

My little sister, Claire Abigail, was born on St Patrick's Day, March 17th at 9:36am.

She didn't beat my weight of 9lbs, 2oz, but she was close. She did arrive 3 weeks earlier than I did, though, so if she had stayed put longer, she would have beaten me! Claire was 8lbs, 7oz and 21.5 inches long.

Daddy said she gave one little cry when she was born and then was really quiet the whole time she was being checked. She hasn't really said much since!!

After going to my St. Patrick's Day party at school, Nana drove me to the hospital to meet the little baby I'd waited so long for - this was my first meeting! I had a quick talk with her about my job as her big sister.


Minutes after she was born, Claire received her 1st pink fashion accessory - an adorable knit hat given to her by the hospital. While I LOVE pink, I think they should have given her a green one for St. Patty's Day!!










It took Mommy about a day, but she was finally able to stand up and hold my baby sister. Here is one of their first photos together!


Here's Daddy with his two little girls. Start looking for pink karts and racing suits, Daddy!










After three days in the hospital, we were ready to go home!!

Don't let my expression fool you - I was very happy to take my sister home, but spending all morning in the hospital wasn't the most fun activity in the world for me!


The ride home was exhausting for Claire. She decided to take a nap in her new princess throne.











Night night, Claire Bear. Sweet dreams.


Sniff sniff, snort snort.


Let's go Penn State!!

Is it too early to teach her the Penn State fight song?!


Why do you look so scared, Claire? I promise I won't drop you - I learned how to hold you properly in my Big Sister class!




I also promise to snuggle with you and protect you.


I promise not to hijack too many of your photos!


I promise to keep you warm with your blankie, and if you're good, I promise to share my Cinderella dress with you when you're bigger.


I promise to keep your hair looking beautiful, even when you don't really have any.












I promise to teach you all sorts of fun things.


Everyone says that Claire looks like Daddy. We're still not sure about that, but we do know that Claire already has Daddy wrapped around her finger, just like I do!!


Welcome to your world, baby Claire!! We love you and already can't imagine our lives without you!!!!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay...so I got all teary eyed reading that! Congratulations on Claire! I know that Charlotte is going to be a great big sister! She and Emily will have TONS to talk about next time they get together!
**HUGS!!**

Kristy said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful! And how in the world do you grow such big babies? Lots of protein? Chocolate? Good thing she came out when she did! Best of luck with the next few months, it looks like you'll have lots of good help from big sis!