CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Fair Lady


A few weeks ago, my cousin Drew Higgins attempted to turn me into a "Fair Lady." I told him repeatedly that I was Princess Charlotte Doolittle. I wasn't sure how much fun a princess could possibly have at a fair, but I gave Drew the benefit of the doubt and joined him at the famous Lampeter Fair.



Mr. Higgins took my hand and off we stomped through the parking lot towards the fairground. I'll be honest - the smell in the air startled me. Mr. Higgins explained that it was pure, unfiltered Lancaster County air.


I soon discovered what Mr. Higgins meant by unfiltered. As cute as these cows were, they certainly didn't smell like anything in my princess castle. Being the princess that I was, though, I smiled for some papparazzi photos.


Mr. Higgins was disappointed that we wouldn't be able to see the pig catching contest (to take place the next night when the weather was supposed to be very rainy), but he showed me these fabulous pigs as they slept. They didn't smell like roses, either, but they were very cute!!


As we admired more of the farm animals, I learned quickly to ignore the smell and enjoy their cuteness. Being around all of these animals at the fair is lots of fun!


After eating a yummy fair dinner and walking through some tents, we came upon the tractors. One wouldn't normally think of a tractor as a mode of transportation for a princess, but since my daddy, the king, designs tractors, I had to test these out to see if they were worthy of my princess hiney.

Turns out they were! This one was designed very well, King Daddy!!


Look, King Daddy! Here's another one of your tractors. This one isn't nearly as big as the ones that you actually design, but it still looked huge to this princess and her fair teacher!!

Thank you so much Drew Higgins, Aunt Amy and Uncle Darin for inviting me to the fair and trying to turn me into a Fair Lady. I had a blast, and this princess will go to a fair anytime with you!!

No comments: