CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Charlie Bradshaw


Carrie Bradshaw may have to shop at all the fancy NYC shoe stores to find her perfect summer shoe. I, on the other hand, just had to hit 'click' on the computer. Two days later, my perfect summer shoe arrived.



I was so excited when we pulled into the driveway and saw the box sitting outside our door. At first, I thought "Zappos" was some cool new magic fairy wand that I could use to zap things. Mommy reminded me that it was the company made this new pair of shoes just for me. Mommy had looked all over the mall, the outlets and the internet stores and couldn't find this special shoe in my size. She went onto Zappos site and zap!! They made it disappear from their warehouse and appear at my doorway!

I insisted on carrying it in from the driveway. I wasn't going to trust anyone else to transport my new special shoes.


I opened the box carefully so that I wouldn't harm the shoes.



I pulled out the smaller box, and before me was the symbol I had longed to see - the happy grin of a friendly crocodile named "Croc."


I had been waiting since last summer for a new pair. A crazy person at my school decided that we couldn't wear Crocs, so it had been a long nine months before I could get another pair. Now that school is almost over, I am reunited with my favorite footwear. This was a special moment for me.



Not only did I get a brand new pair of pretty pink Crocs, but I got a new design. No longer would I be walking around in the original Cayman style that everyone now seemed to have (it's exhausting being a trendsetter.) Now I have the new, more feminine Mary Jane style. I feel that this style fits my girlish personality better and will match my closet full of dresses.

Jimmy Choos? Manolo Blahniks? Not for this girl. Those of us in the know here in Pennsylvania realize that Crocs are the must-have shoe of the summer. Now I need to go call Carrie and inform her of this trend before it really catches on in the rest of the country!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! She is really very happy… I also got a pair of crocs from Zappos for my sweet daughter.

mrsmac said...

too cute! i love the pictures!