CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Pug Love

My good pal Trixie has had a rough few weeks. She has a corneal ulcer in her left eye, which is a very painful injury for a dog. It's basically like a hole in her cornea. These ulcers can spread rapidly and cause blindness. Luckily we were able to get Trix to the vet quickly, and her wonderful doc put her on a regimen of strong drops and antibiotics. She goes back to the vet for her third eye visit tomorrow, and hopefully we'll learn that her sight in that eye can be saved.

I always help Mommy take Trix to these visits, and I have been very concerned about my pug pal. This injury has made me realize how much I love both of my puggies and how lucky I am to have such loving, loyal pups in my life.

For once, Emmet isn't the one with an eye problem. He had his eye surgery three years ago, and has been looking in an east-west direction with clarity ever since! Well, when his eyes are open, that is...

Just to prove how much I love my puggies...I let Emmet sleep with my beloved Blankie and Ninny recently. NOBODY gets to sleep with Blankie and Ninny, but Emmet looked like he could use some cuddly friends that day!
I used to be very protective of my Elmo chair, too, until I realized that Trixie found it to by comfy for her old bones.

Mommy hopes that I share my favorite things with my baby sister as well as I do with my puggies.

Feel better soon, Trix. I love you!!!