CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Charlotte the Brave

There is a new Disney movie coming out called "Brave."  I think the movie should be about my sister, Charlotte.  She has never been one to take risks and she is afraid of a lot of things.  Something happened at Family Fun Day at Daddy's work, however, that changed all of that.  Charlotte did quite a few things that we never imagined she would do!

We've been to lots of carnivals that offer pony rides.  Charlotte has always enjoyed watching the ponies but has always been to afraid to ride one.  Today, though, Sissy ran right into the line, mounted her pony and rode two laps around the circle like a pro.  She looked like a natural!!


Charlotte also decided to go down the large bouncy slide multiple times.  She even bounced down it - she is so brave!!  I wouldn't go near that big thing.


I was so proud of my big sister all day long :)

 Not only was Charlotte brave, but she also was very patient with me.  I took over the "scaredy cat" role in the family today and was a bit anxious about a lot of the rides and activities.  Charlotte took my hand and led me through the Playtona Speedway.


Charlotte seemed to enjoy the Nasbar barrel cars.  I wouldn't go near it.

 The most amazing part of the day came when Sissy decided to climb the climbing tower.  None of us thought she would actually go through with it - it was REALLY, REALLY tall.  She kept begging and begging to try it, so finally Mommy and Daddy walked her to the line.  They suited her up in the harness, and off she went.  We are still in awe of the fact that she did it (and she did it so well!), so I will just stay quiet for a moment as you look through the photos.







 When Sissy got to the top, she turned around, LOOKED DOWN for Mommy and excitedly yelled to us that she was about to hit the buzzer.  She hit the buzzer and then came back down like it was nothing.  Mommy, Daddy and I were SOOOO proud of her.  Way to go, Charlotte!!


After the tower, Charlotte decided she wanted to ride the ferris wheel with Daddy.   They really wanted me to ride with them, but I let Charlotte the Brave enjoy it without me.


Mommy and I were happy when Charlotte and Daddy were back down on solid ground.


After watching Charlotte be brave all afternoon, I decided to give it a shot.  I let Mommy put a bunny into my lap.  Luckily Mommy took the photo the moment the bunny sat down on me, because one second later I was no longer feeling brave.  The bunny twitched and I panicked.  Mommy quickly grabbed the bunny and saved me.   

I'll let Charlotte be the brave one for now.


This nice teenager offered to let me sit with this piggy, but I decided to pet it from a distance instead.  Mommy just finished reading "Charlotte's Web" to us recently - I was so excited to meet a relative of Wilbur's!
 Well, hello, three day old baby calf.   You look sleepy.


Charlotte the Brave wanted to take the chinchilla home with her!


Daddy is always brave, but he also showed us today that he is strong.  He hit the bell on his second try!


After Family Fun Day was finished, we made a quick visit to Daddy's office.  His chair is quite comfy!



 Daddy, I was thinking about that combine after-treatment design.   Here's what you should do...

It was an exhausting but fun day at Daddy's work.  Charlotte the Brave especially had a great time!!  I think that Disney should make a movie about my sister next!

No comments: